Friday, October 12, 2012


How To Wear: The Peacoat


Last week I discussed the importance of planning. I talked about how much of a difference thinking ahead can make to your style, outfits and general clothing confidence. By constructing your look for the next day in your mind, you can be totally ready and at ease when it comes to eventually leaving the house.
But forward planning doesn’t just relate to the here and now, it crosses seasonal boundaries and is a year round, continual process. The more forward thinking we are, the more prepared we are likely to be when things start to change; as they are now.
Choosing your winter coat (or even deciding to stick with the one you’ve got) is no small decision. It requires lots of planning, lots of testing, trying and considering. The sheer number of options can be somewhat daunting, but because it is such a pivotal part of your winter wardrobe, it is imperative that you make the right choice – your coat will cover pretty much your entire outfit and you will be wearing it almost everyday. Wearing something you are not completely comfortable in is not an option.
With this in mind, I thought I would get the ball rolling with my personal favourite; the peacoat. It is the coat I shall be battling the elements with this winter and the coat I would recommend to anyone who came to me with an outerwear conundrum.




No comments:

Post a Comment